HSBC in Taiwan
HSBC's presence in Taiwan dates back to 1885 when The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited appointed an agent. A full-service branch was established in Taipei in 1984. In 2007, HSBC acquired one of Taiwan’s leading factoring companies, Chailease Credit Services. In March 2008, HSBC acquired the business and operations of The Chinese Bank in Taiwan and obtained approval in 2009 to set up a local subsidiary in Taiwan - HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited. The subsidiary began operating through the locally incorporated entity in May 2010 with headquarters in Taipei.
Taiwan plays a key role in HSBC’s Greater China platform and is one of HSBC’s key growth markets in Asia. HSBC Taiwan has branches located in all the major cities in Taiwan, including Greater Taipei area, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Taichung, Tainan, and Kaohsiung.
- HSBC is one of the most international banking and financial services organisations in the world. Our network covers countries accounting for more than 90 per cent of global GDP, trade and capital flows
- HSBC is the international bank with largest network and over 150 years of history and knowledge in the Greater China region
- HSBC is the leading RMB service bank with proven records and voted Best overall offshore RMB product/services provider in Asiamoney Offshore RMB Poll for 6 consecutive years as of 2017
HSBC Commercial Banking
HSBC Commercial Banking operates in 54 countries and territories, covering the developed and developing markets that matter most to our customers. Through our teams of relationship managers we connect businesses to opportunities, helping them to thrive and grow.
We work with a wide range of customers, from mid-market enterprises to large corporates, providing them with the tools they need to function efficiently. As a cornerstone of the HSBC Group we have the financial strength to support our customers with working capital, term loans and acquisition or project finance, and the expertise to help them raise money from the stock and bond markets.
Our relationship managers are supported by specialists in four fields:
- Global Trade and Receivables Finance provides services and financing for buyers and suppliers throughout the trade cycle, helping them to use working capital efficiently, manage trade risk and fund their supply chains
- Global Liquidity and Cash Management gives businesses greater control over their cash and collections, and helps them to manage their liquidity efficiently. Our e-banking platforms enable customers to make seamless payments between countries and currencies
- Global Banking and Markets provides commercial clients with access to a wide range of capital financing, including debt, equity and advisory services
- Investments Sales offers business and corporate wealth management
International Recognition in 2017
Country Recognition in 2017
The World's Best Bank/ Asia's Best Bank
Best overall offshore RMB products/services
Leaders in Trade Awards/ Best Bank for Trade/ Most innovative Trade Bank
Best Bank for Securities Services
Emerging Markets Bond House
Bond House of the Year
Best Bank/ Best Belt and Road Bank/ Best Bond House
Best RMB Bank/ Best Subcustodian Bank – Taiwan
Best Domestic Cash Manager by Corporates – Taiwan
Best Commercial Bank/ Best Taiwan Deal- Hon Hai Precision Industry's USD500 million convertible bond
Taiwan's Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award
In addition to providing financial services, HSBC in Taiwan continues to expand its sustainability programmes. The bank focuses on environmental and educational issues through continued investment of resources and participation in public charities to fulfill its responsibilities as a good corporate citizen. The Bank focuses on children and education, environment, and elderly care and encourages employee engagement in volunteer programmes. The bank’s long-term commitment and efforts are highly recognised.
In 2016, HSBC Taiwan garnered Excellence in "Best Social Responsibility Award”, given by semi-official Taiwan Academy of Banking and Finance (TABF), for the fourth time that recognises the Bank’s continued corporate sustainability contribution to the environment, underprivileged children and the elderly. HSBC Taiwan is the only international bank in Taiwan winning the award. In 2017, HSBC Taiwan proudly received the prestigious Taiwan’s Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award by Common Wealth Magazine for the seventh consecutive year and topped the international banks operating in Taiwan for four years in a row.